Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tara's Little Star!

What’s the only thing you want to do with a 6-day-old baby while confined to the house? You guessed it!

I love to document the scale of the baby with a special object that will remain the same size as the baby grows, but will always be important in his life — mom’s and dad’s wedding rings worked perfectly!

Mac was just 6 days old when we did the shoot.

Maybe it’s just me, but this picture draws me in and I can’t help staring at it and thinking about how big those tiny feet will be someday.
This shot shows the baby’s relative size against something that’s been in the family for a long time.

The baby's room is adorable!


I love this shot!

Love this one, too!


Sweet baby in his sweet room at home. I love this picture!

Beautiful.

This one is black and white because stripping out the color allows us to focus on the pure emotion of the shot. That’s all we see. We don’t scrutinize the background. We don’t notice a variation in skin tones. All we see is what he’s doing, and what he’s doing is the important thing.



Mac is SO perfect!

I think this may be the cutest picture I ever took. Look at the sweetest little smile on the baby’s face. Melt time!

This shot takes my breath away. I love the light and the emotion.
Bless you, sweet child!


An unconventional portrait, for sure, but very artisticly done.

Thanks, Brian and Tara. I’ll see you again soon!

Peace,

~Jess

2 comments:

  1. I love them! And the chest was beautiful to use in the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The chest was a last minute decision that worked out perfectly! And so cozy, that little Mac fell asleep!

    ReplyDelete